We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of
applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the
development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working
along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore,
commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Work with outside data sources and API’s.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different
- Familiarity with Kotlin/Java and RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration, external API
- Dip/BS/MS/ in Software Development, Computer Science, Engineering, or similar.
- Proficiency in Java, Kotlin.
- Prior experience as an Android Developer will be advantageous.
- 5 years of software development experience
- 3 years of Android development
- Have published at least one original Android app