About the job
HydroIQ is a smart metering device that is plugged into the existing water supply network, turning the traditional water system into a smart water grid.
HydroIQ is installed at the households to monitor consumption in real-time, and allow consumers to pay for only the water they consume on a pay as you go basis using mobile money.
We are looking for an Android Developer to join our team of developers! We want a developer that possesses passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. You will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the drive and desire to learn new and innovative technologies in the mobile application industry.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API’s.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 2 years of software development, Android development experience.
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Exceptional time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills